Indian para athletes did the country proud by claiming 13 medals in the season opening Fazaa International IPC International Athletics Grand Prix, at the Dubai Club Stadium here.
The medals include five gold, three of which were won by Sundar Singh Gurjar.
Gurjar added a third gold medal in the Shot Put event T 44-46 category with a throw of 13.36 m. Sundar had earlier won gold in the javelin throw and discus throw in his category.
The women athletes also added to the Indian gold medal tally with a gold-silver finish in the women’s wheelchair Shot Put F-55 category. Karamjyoti claimed the gold with 5.76 m followed by Shatabdti Awasthi claiming the silver a mere 5 cm behind.
High Jumpers Sharad Kumar and Girisha H. Nagarajgowda gave India the silver and bronze in the F13/20/42/44 category with leaps of 1.66m and 1.63 m respectively, wherein golden boy Mariyappan Thangavelu and Varun Bhati preferred not to compete.
- Janneke Schopman resigns as India women’s hockey team head coach
- BWF Para Badminton World Championship 2024: Bhagat, Kadam reach semifinals
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Akash reaches for the sky, turns heads on his Test debut
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24: Sai Kishore’s fifer keeps Tamil Nadu in command against Saurashtra on Day 1
- MI vs DC Live Score, WPL 2024: Capsey blitz helps Delhi Capitals set 172-run target for Mumbai Indians