The Kabbaddi coach at a Sports Authority of India (SAI) facility in the city, who was accused of molesting a 13-year-old Kabbaddi player and subsequently suspended, was found dead hanging at a private lodge in Harihara, Davanagere on Monday.
The coach Rudrappa V. Hosamani allegedly molested a 13-year-old girl at the girl’s dressing room on October 9. After the girl raised an alarm, her parents had reached the facility in North Bengaluru and thrashed him. The SAI suspended him the same day after he confessed to the incident.
Jnanabharathi Police had lodged a complaint against Mr. Hosamani under POCSO Act, 2012.
Rudrappa Hosamani is learnt to have checked into a lodge in Harihara town, Davanagere on Sunday morning. The hotel staff grew suspicious on Monday afternoon as he had not come out or opened the door even once after checking in. When their repeated calls to him went unheeded, they called the police, who broke open the door to find him hanging. Sources said that the body had already started decomposing, indicating he may have ended his life on Sunday.
Ravi D. Chennannavar, DCP (West), said the 59-year-old left behind a death note in which he apologised to his family – wife and son, SAI and all his students for his actions.
- India vs England Live Score, 4th Test Day 1: ENG 39/0; Crawley begins attack; Akash Deep makes IND debut
- IND vs ENG: Akash Deep picks debut wicket, gets Zak Crawley but off No Ball
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, 2023-24 Quarterfinal updates: SAU loses early wicket vs TN; Koushik removes Shorey for KAR
- Man City, Arsenal look to close title gap, Man Utd starts Ratcliffe era
- IND vs ENG: Rehan Ahmed returns home ahead of fourth Test against India