Los Angeles Clippers rode on Kawhi Leonard's 30-point game to overpower LeBron James' Los Angeles Lakers and bag a 112-102 victory in the teams' season opener on Wednesday.
Neither the Lakers nor the Clippers was at full strength on opening night, but the energy at the Staples Center was something else. Even though the Clippers served as the home team, the stands were filled with Lakers fans who showered boos on Kawhi Leonard. But the reigning NBA Finals MVP wasn't unfazed as he led his team to victory.
The fun guy himself torched the Lakers with 30 points, six rebounds, and five assists and had no Paul George with him.
The Lakers was missing Kyle Kuzma and Rajon Rondo but did have its superstar duo LeBron James and Anthony Davis, who combined for 43 points, 19 rebounds, and 13 assists. Danny Green unexpectedly exploded for a team-high 28 points but the Clippers' 60 bench points were a difference-maker.
Knowing that this was such a good game with key pieces missing for both sides should only make basketball fans more excited for later meetings.
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC LIVE SCORE, AFC Cup: MBSG 1-2 OFC, Mauricio puts Odisha in front
- Bulgarian football federation president resigns following mass protests
- Mohun Bagan SG vs Odisha FC, AFC Cup Group D LIVE points table, Boumous’ goal keeps Mariners in second spot
- Indian sports news wrap, November 27
- BAN vs NZ: Bangladesh cricket captain Shanto has full belief in bowlers ahead of home test series with New Zealand