The Sports Ministry will finance Olympic sailor Vishnu Saravanan's 13-day training and competition stint in the Hague, Netherlands under its Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS).
Vishnu, who is set to compete in the Hague Test Event (ILCA 7) from September 16 onwards, left for Netherlands on Tuesday. He would be training there from September 7-15.
TOPS financial assistance will cover Vishnu's flight, accommodation, local travel, and food costs among others, and will also provide him an out-of-pocket allowance of USD 50 per day for any other expense he might incur, a release said.
Vishnu, who won a bronze medal at the Under-21 World Championships in 2019, has been a part of the TOPS scheme since before Tokyo Olympics and is considered one of the top medal contenders for India at the Asian Games next year.
- 2023 Vijay Hazare Trophy LIVE Score, Round 4: Baroda 54/4 in 167-run chase vs TN; Mumbai beats Pondicherry by 7 wickets; Saurashtra eyes big win vs Odisha
- IND vs AUS, 3rd T20I: With so much dew even 14 runs per over would have been chased, says Gaikwad defending Prasidh and co.
- India’s Ashwal Rai, Muthusamy urge home support during Volleyball Club World Championships 2023
- Barca has shown ‘winning mentality’ in Champions League, says Xavi
- Pakistan players told to put country before franchise leagues under new team director Hafeez