Olympian C.A. Bhavani Devi will be one of the major attractions when over 700 fencers from across the country participate in the 33rd Senior National Fencing Championship in Pune from March 25 to 28.
Hosted by the Fencing Association of India along with Maharashtra Fencing Association and DY Patil International University, the championship will be held at the Shree Shiv Chhatrapati Sports Complex in Mhalunge-Balewadi.
The championship will be played in three disciplines -- Foil, Epee and Sabre -- across categories -- individual and team -- where the fencers will vie for top honours.
Bhavani Devi will participate in the women’s individual sabre event.
“We are providing state-of-the-art facilities for the fencers. There has been 14 pistes, which have been created for the Championship. Nutritious food after consultation from specialized dieticians focusing on the calorie intake will be provided to each of the fencers, who will take part in the championship,” said FAI president Satej Patil.
Latest on Sportstar
- IBA acknowledges Swiss resignation to join rogue body
- Delhi Capitals out of IPL 2023; Punjab Kings do not inspire playoff confidence- Highlights, analysis
- NBA Finals: Heat need to match Nuggets physicality, says Butler
- NBA: 76ers coach Nick Nurse wants Harden back, can co-exist with Embiid
- NBA Finals: Nikola Jokic, Nuggets cruise to win over Heat in Game 1 win