Tennis Quiz The numbers game
In today's quiz, we turn our attention to the sport of tennis. How well can you crack the trivia?
1. Which of the following tennis players has won the most Grand Slam titles in a single year – across singles, doubles and mixed doubles?
2. Only two men have won a calendar year singles Grand Slam – all four majors in a single year. Which of these is not one of them?
3. Only three women have won a calendar year singles Grand Slam – all four majors in a single year. Who?
4. Which of these tennis players has not won six consecutive Grand Slam singles titles in a row?
5. Only three women have returned to the tennis tour after becoming mothers and won Grand Slam titles. Who?
6. Which player, after winning a first Grand Slam singles title, reached the next 12 finals, winning eight of them?
7. Which men’s pair is the only one in history to win a calender year Grand Slam in doubles?
8. Only two players, male or female, have won the triple crown – singles, doubles and mixed doubles titles – at consecutive Grand Slams. Who is not one of them?