Quiz 2014 Football World Cup
Germany won its fourth World Cup title in the 2014 edition of the FIFA World Cup held in Brazil. Test your knowledge of the competition with our quiz.
1. The Adidas Brazuca was the official match ball for the 2014 World Cup. Where was it manufactured?
2. The 2014 World Cup was the ... consecutive time that Germany/West Germany had progressed from the first round of the tournament.
3. Three former champions – England, Italy and Uruguay – were placed in Group D at the 2014 World Cup. Which of the three progressed to round of 16 alongside group winner Costa Rica?
4. Germany’s Miroslav Klose broke the record of Brazil’s Ronaldo for most goals scored at the World Cup. How many games did Klose need to score his 16 goals?
5. Which of these players scored in every game he played at the 2014 World Cup?
6. Ah, the Mineiraço! Which of these records was not broken during Germany’s 7-1 thrashing of Brazil in the 2014 World Cup semifinals?
7. The Mineiraço again. Which of these was not an outright record held by Germany after defeating Brazil 7-1 in the 2014 World Cup semifinals?
8. Christoph Kramer started the 2014 World Cup final for Germany but was substituted in the 31st minute a little while after taking a hit to the head. What did he say to the referee after the collision, before later slumping to the ground?
9. Bonus question: Which of these is not a Brazilian phrase/metaphor/term that finds its origin in the Mineiraço, the country’s 1-7 loss to Germany in the semifinals of the 2014 World Cup?