Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar won the gold in rifle 3-position event with a 0.8 point margin over Tian Jiaming of China in the 15th Asian shooting championship in Changwon, Korea, on Wednesday.
There was no question of Olympic quota for India in the event, as Swapnil Kusale and Akhil Sheoran had already won the maximum possible two Olympic quota in the event for the country in the World Championships.
The Indian team was pushed to the silver by China which was dominant with a world record of 1777 points, 13 better than India.
India won both the mixed trap gold medals. Manisha Keer and Prithviraj Tondaiman won the gold by beating Korea 141-136. The junior mixed trap gold was won by Aadya Tripathi and Shardul Vihan with a total of 131.
The other Indian team of Bhavya Tripathi and Bakhtyaruddin Malek shot 130, but was ineligible to be among the medals.
China topped the medals table with 33 gold, 21 silver and 22 bronze. India was second with 21 gold, 21 silver and 13 bronze. Host Korea won 16 gold, 22 silver and 19 bronze.
- NZ vs SA Live Score, World Cup 2023: NZ 119/8 (28); South Africa closes in on big win
- Jamshedpur FC vs Mohun Bagan SG LIVE score, JFC 1-1 MBSG, ISL 2023-24: Sadiku cancels Sanan goal for equaliser
- Asian Shooting Championships 2023: Aishwary Tomar wins 50m rifle 3P gold
- Indian sports news wrap, November 1
- ODI World Cup 2023 top wicket-takers after NZ vs SA: Zampa leads; Jansen moves to third spot