The Indian squad warmed up with the men’s air pistol team bronze medal in the World Championship shooting in Baku, Azerbaijan, on Thursday.
Shiva Narwal, Sarabjot Singh and Arjun Singh Cheema were far from making the individual final of top-8 but together got the medal behind China and Germany.
In women’s air pistol also, it was hard for the Indian shooters Esha Singh, Palak Gulia and Divya TS as they placed 32nd, 40th and 66th in a strong field of 118 shooters. As a team, they placed 11th.
In skeet, Anant Jeet Singh Naruka shot 48 in two rounds, and found himself in the 45th spot, as there were 10 with perfect 50 and 29 more with 49.
Angad Vir Singh Bajwa and Gurjot Khangura had shot 47 each.
In women’s skeet, in which three rounds were shot, Parinaaz Dhaliwal was the best among the Indians with 71. Ganemat Sekhon and Darshna Rathore followed with 70 and 69 respectively.
- RCB vs UPW Live Score, WPL 2024: Devine departs early, Meghana joins Mandhana in the middle
- Indian sports wrap, February 24
- Ranji Trophy quarterfinal: Indrajith steps up as Tamil Nadu asserts control against Saurashtra
- IND vs ENG Test series: England spinner Leach to undergo knee surgery
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24: Nair’s knock gives Vidarbha the upper hand against Karnataka on Day 2