Shriyanka Sadangi and Akhil Sheoran won the mixed air rifle gold in the H&N Cup international shooting championship in Munich, Germany, on Sunday.
The Indian pair, which had qualified in the third place behind two Russian teams surged ahead of them in the five-team final. Shriyanka and Akhil put 502.9 points on the board to beat the second Russian team of Daria Vdovina and Vladimir Maslennikov by two points.
It was an interesting finish for the Indian camp, which had earlier won the women’s air rifle gold through Vinita Bhardwaj, and the air pistol bronze by Heena Sidhu.
Vinita Bhardwaj wins title in Germany
Asian Games silver medallist Deepak Kumar had missed the men’s air rifle bronze by 0.1 point, to Sergey Richter of Israel, after qualifying with an impressive total of 630.4. In fact, all the eight finalists shot 630 plus scores, for a mind blowing average of 10.5 per shot over 60 shots.
Dane Sampson of Australia won the gold 0.3 point ahead of the London Olympics champion Alin George Moldoveanu of Romania.
Akhil Sheoran had shot 628.4 for the 13th place, but salvaged a lot of pride by winning the mixed air rifle gold with Shriyanka.
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 30- India wins gold in squash men’s team, tennis mixed doubles; IND 4th with 10 gold, 38 medals
- Sutirtha and Ayhika, the Mukherjees from Naihati, who tamed the Chinese in their game at their den
- Asian Games 2023, September 30, HIGHLIGHTS: Indian men’s squash team wins gold; Rohan-Rutuja duo wins tennis mixed doubles gold; finishes 4th with 10 gold medals
- Kartik, Gulveer reap rewards of high-intensity training with silver and bronze at Asian Games 2023
- PCB wants ICC to expedite visa process for media and fans for World Cup 2023 travel