Rajeshwari Kumari and Kynan Chenai shot 146 out of 150 and missed the final by one point in the mixed trap competition of the ISSF Shotgun World Cup in Acapulco, Mexico.
Rajeshwari was particularly impressive with a score of 74, following
rounds of 25, 24 and 25, while Kynan had 24, 25 and 23.
The other Indian team of Shagun Chowdhary (70) and Prithviraj
Tondaiman (73) shot 143 and placed 22nd in a field of 37 teams.
Mixed trap team: 1. Australia (Laetisha Scanlan, James Willlett) 46
(147); 2. US (Kayle Browning, Brian Burrows) 43 (149); 3. Britain
(Kristy Barr, Matthew John Coward-Holley) 34 (147); 10. India-A
(Rajeshwari Kumari, Kynan Chenai) 146; 22. India (Shagun Chowdhary 70,
Prithviraj Tondaiman) 143.
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally LIVE, October 1 - Avinash Sable, Tajindarpal Singh Toor win gold; Men’s shooting trap team bags gold too; India 4th with 13 gold, 49 medals
- Asian Games: Harmilan Bains wins silver in women’s 1500m; Ajay Kumar, Jinson Johnson take silver and bronze in men’s 1500m
- Athletics at Asian Games 2023 LIVE updates, Hangzhou 2022: Sable, Toor strike gold; three medals in 1500m; Sreeshankar wins silver in long jump
- IND vs NED, ODI World Cup warm-up: Team India arrives in Kerala for Netherlands game; Virat Kohli to reach later
- ODI World Cup 2023: Fired-up Rizwan drives, pulls, practices ramp shots ahead of Australia warm-up match