Esha Singh outclassed the women’s under-17 field in winning the air pistol gold in the Khelo India Youth Games at the Balewadi Sports Complex here on Tuesday.
National champion in the women’s, junior and youth events, Esha was not challenged much in the absence of Manu Bhaker who had opted to prepare for the World Cup.
After qualifying for the final in the third place with a modest 565, the 14-year-old Esha shot 241.3 in the final to beat Anushka Patil by 6.6 points.
READ| Khelo India 2019: Arjun Singh Cheema, Sidhu twins share spoils in air pistol
In contrast, Harshada NIthave won the women’s under-21 gold with a 0.7 point margin over Yuvika Tomar.
In the men’s under-21 rifle 3-position final, Sartaj Singh Tiwana shot 447.2 to beat Aishwarya Pratap Singh Tomar by 0.1 point for the gold, despite a 9.1 last shot.
READ| Moudgil focussed on retaining her Olympic quota in 10m air event
In men’s skeet, Ayush Rudraraju led with 71 out of 75, while Anantjeet Singh Naruka (69), Gurnihal Singh Garcha (65) and Abhay Singh Sekhon (65) followed him. Two more rounds on the morrow will be followed by the final for the top six.
In women’s skeet, Areeba Khan led with 67, three points ahead of Simranpreet Kaur Johal and Darshana Rathore.
Latest on Sportstar
- Karim Benzema scores in his final game for Real Madrid
- Two-time major winner Morikawa exits Memorial with back spasms
- Monfils and Svitolina - a support system for each other on and off the court
- Real Madrid vs Athletic Bilbao; La Liga LIVE: Benzema equalises through a penalty after Sancet goal; RMA 1-1 ATH
- Roland Garros 2023: Svitolina returns to French Open quarterfinals by downing Kasatkina