Sanjeev Rajput continued to assert his class as he won the top position once again in men’s rifle 50-metre 3-position event in the shooting National selection trials at the Dr. Karni Singh Range, Tughlakabad, on Saturday.
Sanjeev, who had won the first trial on Friday, beat fellow Olympian Chain Singh by 1.5 point in the final, after having topped qualification with 1172. Satyendra Singh settled for the third place.
Parul Kumar, who had the second best qualification score of 1169, finished fourth, ahead of Aishwarya Paratap Singh Tomar, Akhil Sheoran, Ajay Thakur and Sam George Sajan.
RELATED| First trial report: Rajput establishes class
Meanwhile, Adarsh Singh also dominated the rapid fire pistol event, as he beat Harshwardhan Yadav by three points, leaving Shivam Shukla to the third spot. Adarsh also won the junior title beating Harshwardhan by two points.
Vijayveer Sidhu, Olympian Gurpeet Singh and Olympic silver medallist and qualification topper Vijay Kumar (580) finished fourth to sixth in that order.
In women’s air rifle, Elavenil Valarivan beat Mehuli Ghosh by 1.8 point. Shriyanka Sadangi climbed to the third spot, ahead of Vinita Bhardwaj, Shreya Agrawal, Apurvi Chandela, Neha Chaphekar and Aayushi Gupta. Shreya Agrawal had topped the qualification with 632.0.
Latest on Sportstar
- From Milner to Firmino: Five players leaving Liverpool at the end of 2022-23 season
- Spanish Grand Prix, Formula 1 Highlights: Verstappen extends lead with yet another win; Hamilton second, Russell third
- WATCH: Yuzvendra Chahal on IPL 2023, the ODI World Cup and more
- Indian sports news wrap, June 4
- Bangladesh calls up uncapped duo for Afghanistan Test