Smit Singh, a finalist in the Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast, pipped the reigning national champion Angad Vir Singh Bajwa 56-55 in the men’s skeet final of the shotgun National selection trial at the Dr. Karni Singh Range, Tughlakabad.
Angad had topped qualification with 122 out of 125, along with Sheeraz Sheikh, who eventually came third. Former national champion Amrinder Singh Cheema, Gurnihal Singh Garcha and Gurjoat Singh were placed fourth to sixth in that order.
In the women’s event, Ganemat Sekhon pipped former national champion Rashmee Rathore 4-3 in the shoot-off after the two were tied 50-50 in the final.
Ganemat had topped qualification with 118, seven points better than Rashmee, national champion Maheshwari Chauhan and Areeba Khan. Jasmeet Kaur and former national champion Saniya Sheikh were the others to make the final.
Skeet: Men: 1. Smit Singh 56 (120); 2. Angad Vir Singh Bajwa 55 (122); 3. Sheeraz Sheikh 45 (122).
Women: 1. Ganemat Sekhon 50(4) 118; 2. Rashmee Rathore 50(3) 111; 3. Maheshwari Chauhan 39 (111).
Latest on Sportstar
- Gundogan is HIM: Man City midfielder stakes claim to be best signing of Guardiola era
- Indian sports news wrap, June 4
- Pavlyuchenkova not expecting red carpet for Russians at Wimbledon
- Miami’s NBA Finals record after losing Game 1: Five losses, three titles; But are the Nuggets too spicy for the Heat?
- Real Madrid vs Athletic Bilbao; La Liga LIVE: When and where to watch Benzema’s last game; Streaming Info; Predicted XI