Former world No.1 and Asian Games gold medallist Saurabh Chaudhary struck gold in the new format in men’s air pistol in the shooting World Cup in Cairo, Egypt, on Tuesday.
In a long knock-out which has replaced the 24-shot final of the earlier format, Saurabh paced himself nicely to the top of the list from among 92 shooters, after qualifying in the third place with 584.
Qualification topper and Tokyo Olympics silver medallist was pushed to the bronze medal, while Saurabh outclassed Michael Schwald of Germany 16-6 in the gold match.
In the women’s section, 17-year-old Esha Singh did well to win the silver behind Olympic champion Anna Korakaki of Greece, after a modest fare in the qualifying stage.
Esha, who had shot better than Anna in the semifinal stage, pushed Tokyo Olympics silver medallist Antoaneta Kostadinova to the bronze.
- India vs Australia LIVE Score Updates, 4th T20I: Jitesh joins Rinku after Ruturaj departs; IND 134/4(16); Streaming info
- National Boxing Championship 2023: Punjab’s Jaipal Singh stuns Sagar Ahlawat to claim +92kg crown
- Premier League: Postecoglou’s bravery makes football better, says Guardiola
- IND A vs ENG A Women: Issy Wong’s heroics help England level series 1-1
- Indian sports news wrap, December 1