Defending champion Sharath Kamal has decided to withdraw his entry from the singles event of the UTT-Senior National & Inter-State table tennis championships beginning here on March 25.
Speaking to Sportstar here on Wednesday, the 40-year-old 10-time champion said that he didn’t want to risk his body and that he would need to get his mind & body in peak shape for the World individual championships in May in Durban, South Africa.
In fact, Sharath played a match each in the pre-quarterfinals & quarterfinals of the team championships for PSPB but didn’t play in the semifinals.
“My back and calf muscle(s) are not yet ready for a long tournament. I need more time for rehab. Moreover, I didn’t want to risk my body before the World championships,” Sharath said.
Latest on Sportstar
- Heat vs Nuggets Live Score, Game 2: MIA 88-85 DEN; Denver, Miami head for close finish - NBA Finals updates
- Denver Nuggets vs Miami Heat LIVE Streaming Info: When and where to watch the NBA Finals Game 2?
- Sabalenka makes French Open last eight for first time
- Tsitsipas blasts past Ofner to make French Open quarter-finals
- Duplantis sets new 2023 pole vault best