The Committee of Administrators (CoA), running the affairs of Table Tennis Federation of India, passed a historic order on Thursday, one that would offer equal prize money for men and women in all the National zonal tournaments including National championships across age groups.
A statement from COA read: "We hereby decide that women and girl players shall receive equal pay/awards/prize money as their male counterparts in all tournaments and competitions of the game of table tennis."
ALSO READ |
Speaking to The Hindu , COA member Surindra Dev Mudgil said: "We will be implementing the new prize money from the new season. This is the idea of Justice Ms. Gita Mittal, COA's Chairperson, who strongly believes in equal prize money."
- UEFA to revamp Women’s Champions League, create second-tier European competition
- Euro 2024: Full groups and teams drawn for the 17th European Championship; Spain, Italy and Austria together
- EURO 2024 Draw Highlights: Italy, Spain and Croatia in same group, Germany vs Scotland opening game
- EURO 2024 full schedule: Complete list of matches, groups, kick-off time, venues, live streaming info
- Indian Super League: Mohun Bagan SG beats Hyderabad 2-0 and creates ISL history