The Executive Committee of the All India Tennis Association (AITA) has appointed the former Chairperson of the Central Board of Excise and Customs, Mrs. Praveen Mahajan, as the temporary president.
In a statement released on Thursday after the meeting, the secretary general of AITA, Hironmoy Chatterjee, said that as per the constitution of the national federation, a new president had to be appointed within three months once Anil Khanna declined to continue inthat post despite being elected unanimously in September. It had to be from among the vice-presidents of AITA.
The 62-year-old Praveen Mahajan is currently serving as a member of the Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) in Jodhpur.
The AITA statement further clarified that the federation would hold a special general meeting by March 31, 2017, to elect the new President for the term till 2020.
- Bezzecchi wins Indian MotoGP, Bagnaia crashes out
- Asian Games 2023: Japan stops India’s giant-killing run journey in Volleyball with a win at Hangzhou 2022
- IND vs AUS Live Score 2nd ODI: Rain stops play again in Indore after Australia loses two wickets in 400 chase
- Asian Games 2023, September 24 highlights: India wins three silvers, two bronze medals; men’s football team into round of 16; Nikhat Zareen reaches pre-quarterfinals
- Asian Games 2023: Olympic champions excel as China dominates first night of swimming