Yet another day packed with events off and on the court. We look at the major talking points from Melbourne.
Monfils reached the Australian Open quarter-finals for the first time with a four-set win over Andrey Kuznetsov. But in the process of doing so, the entertaining Frenchman risked injury thanks to his characteristically flamboyant style. Monfils flung himself to his right to try and reach a return, needing treatment on his hand after the acrobatic dive.
Azarenka may have booked her spot in the last eight with a straight-sets win over Barbora Strycova, but she had other things on her mind in the immediate aftermath.
"Tell me, did the [Denver] Broncos win?" Azarenka asked in an on-court interview.
"Yes!" she screamed after being told that Peyton Manning and his men had overcome the New England Patriots in the AFC Championship game in the NFL.
To Super Bowl 50 they go.
Mixed doubles interest
The early rounds – and even the latter stages – of mixed doubles at the Australian Open rarely draw attention.
But it did on Monday after a New York Times report saying one website had suspended betting on a match the day prior due to suspicious activity.
Media crammed into one of Melbourne Park's smaller interview rooms to speak to a pair, who had won the day prior and were surprised by the crowd.
Ok, maybe the attention was not for the right reasons.
Stan gets angry about shoes
Milos Raonic may have timed his change of shoes just perfectly as it threatened to unsettle Stan Wawrinka during their fourth-round clash.
The Canadian opted for a change after the opening game of the fourth set, much to the annoyance of Swiss two-time grand slam champion Wawrinka.
Wawrinka complained to chair umpire Pascal Maria, but had no success.
- Bahrain Grand Prix: F1 champion Verstappen of Red Bull on pole for season-opener
- Ranji Trophy semifinal: Chandrakant Pandit eyes victory against former side as Vidarbha, Madhya Pradesh face off
- German Open 2024: Jolly-Gayatri bow out of quarterfinals, lose to Chinese pair of Jing-Min
- Mohun Bagan vs Jamshedpur FC highlights, MBSG 3-0 JFC, ISL 2023-24: Sadiku, Cummings, Petratos goals guide Mariners to comfortable win
- ISL 2023-24: Mohun Bagan Super Giant cruises to win against Jamshedpur FC