World No. 1 Andy Murray moved into the last 16 of the Barcelona Open without hitting a ball on Wednesday as Bernard Tomic pulled out of their second round clash with a back injury.
Murray was a late entry in the Catalan capital as he seeks time on court ahead of next month's French Open after returning from a wrist injury. However, the Scot will have to wait until Thursday to begin his campaign against the winner of an all-Spanish match-up between Feliciano Lopez and Albert Montanes.
Rafael Nadal also starts his quest for a 10th title in Barcelona later on Wednesday against Brazilian Rogerio Dutra Silva.
- WPL 2024: Form and captaincy of Mandhana has helped RCB ooze confidence, says Devine
- WPL 2024: Dominant Delhi Capitals hands Gujarat Giants fourth straight loss
- Gujarat Giants’ Sayali Satghare becomes first-ever concussion substitute in WPL history
- Premier League 2023-24: Foden brace helps Man City win Manchester Derby 3-1 over United after dream comeback
- Women’s Super League: Title-chasing Arsenal beats Tottenham 1-0 as Alessia Russo scores