Divij Sharan in partnership with Jonathan Erlich of Israel made the doubles semifinals with a 6-2, 6-4 victory over wild cards Hans Hack Verdugo of Mexico and Dennis Novikov of the US in the $858,565 ATP tennis tournament in Los Cabos, Mexico.
In the semifinals, Divij and partner were scheduled to challenge the top seeds Dominic Inglot of Britain and Austin Krajicek of the US.
Meanwhile, the unseeded Arjun Kadhe and Saketh Myneni sailed into the doubles final of the $135,400 Challenger tennis tournament in Chengdu, China with a 7-5, 6-1 victory over the Chinese pair of Runhao Hua and Di Wu.
In the final, the Indian pair will play Nam Ji Sung and Song Min-Kyu of Korea.
In the Challenger in Czech Republic, Sriram Balaji and Vishnu Vardhan were beaten by Jonas Foreitek and Michael Vrbensky in the doubles quarterfinals.
Ankita Raina lost the singles quarterfinals in the ITF women’s event in Woking, England, but made the doubles semifinals with Naiktha Bains of Britain.
Riya Bhatia made the doubles final in Chinese Taipei with Ramu Ueda of Japan. However, Rutuja Bhosale lost the singles quarter-finals and doubles semifinals in Thailand. Sowjanya Bavisetti and Sravya Shivani also made the doubles semifinals in Tabarka, Tunisia.
- BCCI extends contract of India head coach Rahul Dravid and support staff
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: Natarajan picks four wickets for TN vs Baroda; Mumbai beats Pondicherry
- NBA roundup: Kings stun Warriors, advance in tournament
- India to tour Sri Lanka in July-August, 2024 for six-match white-ball series
- IND vs AUS, 3rd T20I: With so much dew even 14 runs per over would have been chased, says Gaikwad defending Prasidh and co.