Former U.S. Open champion Emma Raducanu made her return to the practice court on Wednesday for the first time since she underwent wrist and ankle surgery in May.
In a video posted on Instagram, the 20-year-old Briton could be seen training with compatriot Kyle Edmund.
“August 2nd, the fun part. First time back on court,” she wrote.
Since her fairy-tale run to the U.S. Open title as an 18-year-old qualifier in 2021, Raducanu has faced challenges with her form and fitness.
She missed the French Open and Wimbledon tournaments this year while she recovered from surgery and is unlikely to be fit for this year’s U.S. Open which begins on Aug. 28.
Raducanu was beaten in straight sets by American Coco Gauff in the second round of the Australian Open in January and has not played a tournament since April.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023-24: Full schedule, teams, squads, date, venues
- Indian team leaves for FIH Women’s Junior World Cup 2023
- NBA In-Season roundup: Cavs recovers, tops 76ers in OT
- Inter Miami says ‘Messi vs Ronaldo’ billed clash against Al Nassr is inaccurate
- NBA In-Season tournament: LeBron James tops 39,000 points as Lakers rout Jazz