American seventh seed Sloane Stephens reached the Roland Garros quarter-finals for the second successive year on Sunday with a 6-4, 6-3 win over 2016 champion Garbine Muguruza.
Stephens will face Johanna Konta, the first British woman in the last-eight since 1983, for a place in the semifinals.
The 26th seed had been a break down early in the first set but recovered and claimed victory on a fifth match point.
- NBA roundup: Cavs’ Max Strus hits half-court winner at buzzer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore looks to maintain win-streak as it faces Delhi Capitals
- Brigadier Harcharan Singh honoured with Sportstar Hero Unsung Champion award at ‘Focus Punjab’ Sports Conclave
- Punjab’s sports policy unparalleled in the country, says Sports Minister Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer