Udit Gogoi bagged a double crown in the Asian under-14 tennis championship which concluded in Bangkok on Friday.
Udit beat sixth seed Mitsuki Wei Kang Leong of Malaysia 6-2, 6-4 for the singles title. He joined hands with Aman Dahiya to beat the second seeded Malaysian team, for the loss of four games, for the doubles title.
"I am happy to win the titles. I am grateful my coach Sandeep Choudhary and fitness trainer Vijay Yashpaul," said Udit who trains at the Yellow Balls Academy in St. Mary’s School, Delhi Cantonment.
Udit will next attempt to step it up in the Fenesta National Tennis Championshiip to be staged in the Capital for a fortnight from October 1.
Latest on Sportstar
- Spanish Grand Prix, Formula 1 Live updates: Verstappen leads ahead of Sainz; Norris pits after sustaining damage
- WTC Final 2023, India vs Australia: All You Need To Know, Playing Conditions, squad, live streaming info
- NBA Finals 2023 - Game 1 analysis: Nikola Jokic’s Denver Nuggets turn up the ‘Heat’!
- WTC Final: Rahane stands at crossroads in his comeback Test
- French Open pair Kato, Sutjiadi disqualified after ballgirl hit