Former world number one Karolina Pliskova has appointed Naomi Osaka's former coach Sascha Bajin as her new coach for the 2021 season.
Pliskova split with coach Daniel Vallverdu earlier this month after her 2020 season came to an end.
The 28-year-old posted a photo with Bajin and fitness coach Azuz Simcich on Twitter on Friday with the caption “Team Pliskova 2021”.
German coach Bajin led Osaka to back-to-back Grand Slam titles at the U.S. Open in 2018 and the Australian Open the next year. He has also previously worked with 23-times Grand Slam winner Serena Williams.
Pliskova lifted her only title of the year at Brisbane in January and was knocked out in the second round of both the U.S. Open and French Open Grand Slams.
- Asian Games 2023: Anant Jeet Singh wins silver in men’s shotgun skeet event
- Asian Games 2023: Full golf schedule, dates, time, venues
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: India Men’s Doubles R-64, Manav Thakkar and Manush Shah win two games
- India golf squad for Asian Games 2023: Full teams for men and women
- Asian Games 2023, September 27 Live Updates from Hangzhou 2022: Esha Singh bags silver in 25m pistol, Samra wins 50m rifle 3p gold with new WR; Shiva Thapa loses