Milos Raonic and Jack Sock advanced to the Delray Beach Open championship match with straight-set victories on Saturday. The top-seeded Raonic, ranked fourth in the world, beat No. 7 seed Juan Martin del Potro 6-3, 7-6 (6) in the night semifinal. Sock, seeded third and ranked 21st in the world, topped Donald Young 6-4, 7-6 (2) in an all-American semifinal.
Raonic was serving for the match at 6-5 in the second set when the Canadian was broken for the only time all night. Del Potro, from Argentina, had a set point with a 6-5 lead in the tiebreaker before Raonic scored three straight points to seal the victory.
Sock never lost his serve all day and allowed Young only one break-point opportunity. Young took a 2-0 lead in the second-set tiebreaker before Sock won seven straight points to end the match. Sock hasn’t dropped a set and has gone 3-0 in tiebreakers through his first four matches.
This marked the second straight week that the 69th-ranked Young reached a semifinal before falling to another American. Young lost a Memphis Open semifinal to eventual champion Ryan Harrison.
- India vs Netherlands LIVE Score, World Cup 2023 Warm-up: Rain in Thiruvananthapuram; Toss, match streaming updates
- India vs Nepal HIGHLIGHTS, Asian Games 2023 cricket quarterfinal updates: IND wins by 23 runs to qualify for semifinal
- Asian Games 2023: India registers 23-run win against Nepal to qualify for cricket semifinal
- India vs Netherlands LIVE Streaming info, World Cup 2023 warm-ups: When and where to watch IND vs NED practice match today?
- India vs South Korea Kabaddi LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: IND women’s faces KOR in Women’s Group A match; When & where to watch?