Nick Kyrgios has told Rafael Nadal that he hopes the Spaniard's "recovery goes well" after the 22-time Grand Slam title winner was forced to withdraw from their Wimbledon semifinal.
The pair was scheduled to renew its fractious rivalry at the All England Club on Friday with a place in the final at stake.
However, Nadal pulled out of the match on Thursday after failing to recover from an abdominal tear.
"Different players, different personalities. @rafaelnadal I hope your recovery goes well and we all hope to see you healthy soon -- till next time," Kyrgios wrote on Instagram.
The Australian will face either six-time champion Novak Djokovic or Cameron Norrie in Sunday's championship match.
- P.V. Sindhu - bouncing back in style at Badminton Asia Team Championships
- Organisers keen on cricket in 2026 Asian Games despite venue woes
- Hockey India: Statements by outgoing officials claiming divisions within the organisation are not correct
- Siddarth Kaul: Winning white-ball trophy but missing out in red-ball cricket doesn’t discredit the players’ skills
- I-League: Sreenidi Deccan takes on Mohammedan Sporting Club in potential title decider