Last year's US Open saw Russia's Daniil Medvedev go from villain to hero when he managed to drown the boos during his run into the final.
Medvedev came under a ring of jeers from the partisan home crowd during his earlier matches at the tournament before he won them over with his thrilling performances.
Medvedev, too, for his part played his part as the 'anti-hero' by egging on the fans with his sarcastic comments.
The 23-year-old has seemingly caught the attention of his fellow professional Naomi Osaka.
In an excerpt from an interview shared by tennis journalist Ben Rothenberg, Osaka claims she finds him 'very interesting' despite not having met the player before.
Medvedev quote tweeted Rothenberg, saying, "@naomioska not sure I am interesting but I would love some tips as how to actually win the @usopen!"
Osaka won the US Open in 2018 when she defeated crowd favourite Serena Williams.
- IND vs AUS: Bumrah rested for second ODI vs Australia; Mukesh Kumar named as replacement
- Table Tennis Live Score Asian Games 2023: India men;s team beats Kazakhstan, to play South Korea in QF today; women’s team goes down 2-3 to Thailand - Hangzhou 2022 updates
- IND vs AUS live score 2nd ODI: Australia opts to bowl; Smith to lead, Cummins out; Prasidh in for Bumrah
- IND vs AUS 2nd ODI Dream11 Prediction: Australia wins toss, elects to bowl; Prasidh replaces Bumrah in India Playing XI
- India vs Japan, LIVE Score Volleyball Asian Games: IND looks solid in third set after JPN wins first two sets vs IND; Top 6 classification round - Hangzhou 2022 updates