Saketh Myneni returns to the Davis Cup squad for the World Group play-off tie against Serbia to be played on indoor clay at the Kraljevo Sports Venue in Serbia from September 14 to 16.
A four-member team will be nominated on the day of the draw as it will be a normal tie with matches on a best of five sets format over three days, featuring four singles and a doubles.
The country's No.1 singles player Yuki Bhambri returns to the squad after having skipped the tie against China. Divij Sharan was expected to partner Bopanna, especially after the golden run in the men's doubles in the Asian Games in Indonesia .
Sumit Nagal and Leander Paes have not retained their places in the squad from the one that had competed against China.
Serbia had won a live fifth rubber in Bengaluru when the two teams met on the same stage in Bengaluru in 2014.
The team will be accompanied by two physiotherapists, according to a release from the secretary general of the All India Tennis Associaiton (AITA), Hironmoy Chatterjee.
- MI vs DC Highlights, WPL 2024: Last-ball six from Sajana clinches thriller for Mumbai Indians
- Dubai Championships 2024: Qualifier Kalinskaya upsets World No. 1 Swiatek, faces Paolini in final
- ISL 2023-24: Bipin grabs brace as Mumbai City cruises to win against Chennaiyin
- Manchester United to play Arsenal in one of FIFA World Cup 2026 venues during pre-season
- Mike Tyson, Francis Ngannou set for Professional Fighters League debut in Saudi Arabia