Rohan Bopanna and Ramkumar Ramanathan combined well to beat the eighth seeds Nathaniel Lammons and Jackson Withrow to enter the doubles quarterfinals of the $521,000 ATP tennis tournament in Australia on Wednesday.
In the other ATP event in Melbourne, Yuki Bhambri in partnership with Michael Venus of New Zealand was beaten 6-4, 6-4 in the doubles first round by Tallon Griekspoor and Andrea Vavassori.
In the Challenger in Italy, qualifier Sasikumar Mukund beat Francesco Forti 7-6(3), 6-3. In the pre-quarterfinals, he will play another qualifier Denis Yevseyev, who put out sixth Goncalo Oliveira in straight sets.
In the women’s WTA 500 event, India’s Sania Mirza and her Ukrain’s Nadiia Kichenok overcame a first-set thrashing to knock out second seeds Gabriella Dabrowski and Giuliana Olmos 1-6, 6-3, 10-8.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy LIVE score, pre-quarterfinals updates: Kerala takes on Maharashtra, Bengal vs Gujarat
- ‘Heartbroken’ Kyrgios pulls out of Australian Open
- Juventus back on top of Serie A after clinical win against wasteful Napoli
- Ronaldo, Mane, Talisca score as Al Nassr thrashes Al Riyadh 4-1 in Saudi Pro League
- WPL 2024 Auction: From Dottin to Athapaththu - top five foreigners to watch out for