India’s Rohan Bopanna and his Australian partner Matthew Ebden suffered a straight-sets defeat in the semifinals of the ATP Finals men’s doubles event in Turin on Saturday.
Bopanna-Ebden pair lost 5-7, 4-6 to the Spanish-Argentine pair of Marcel Granollers and Horacio Zeballos in the final-four clash which lasted 80 minutes.
While Bopanna, 43, made his fourth year-end appearance, Ebden played at this stage for the first time. The duo first teamed up at the start of this season and enjoyed an impressive year together, winning tour-level trophies in Doha and Indian Wells.
Bopanna and Ebden had the chance to be the year-end ATP Doubles No. 1. Had they beaten Granollers and Zeballos, they would have passed the already-eliminated Dodig and Krajicek, who are in top spot.
- England boss Southgate will not gamble on player fitness at Euro 2024
- India vs Australia, Live Score World Cup 2023 Final: India hunts 3rd World title; predicted XI, streaming info
- ODI World Cup Finals: Full list of Player of the Match award winners from 1975 to 2019
- India vs Australia Dream11 Prediction, ICC World Cup 2023 Final: IND vs AUS predicted XI, fantasy team, squads
- Italy promises to take risks against Ukraine with Euro 2024 spot at stake