Thiem falls to Verdasco in Rome 540 Austrian Dominic Thiem, the world number four and last year's French Open finalist, was dumped out of the WTA and ATP Italian open second round on Thursday by Spaniard Fernando Verdasco.
Thiem, the fifth seed, lost 4-6, 6-4, 7-5, in the final warm-up tournament before the French Open on May 26.
Verdasco will play Russian Karen Khachanov, the 13th seed, later on Thursday for a place in the quarterfinals.
Competitors are doubling up with two games during the day after play on Wednesday was wiped out because of rain.
Rafael Nadal showed no mercy to Frenchman James Chardy as he registered an easy 6-0, 6-1 win. Roger Federer threw out the challenge of Portugal’s Joao Souza 6-4, 6-3 to progress to the quarterfinals.
- Dominica withdraws its bid to co-host the T20 World Cup 2024
- PKL: Which defender the most tackle points in a single Pro Kabaddi League match?
- PKL: Who has the most raid points in a single Pro Kabaddi League match?
- Cristiano Ronaldo faces USD1B class-action lawsuit after promoting for Binance NFTs
- ISL 2023-24: Bengaluru FC denies Punjab FC its first win of the season in 3-3 draw