Indian ace Sania Mirza, who is making her final Wimbledon appearance, and Mate Pavic advanced to the second round of mixed doubles event with a hard-fought win over David Vega Hernandez and Natela Dzalamidze on Friday.
The Indo-Croatian duo won 6-4, 3-6, 7-6(3) in a first round match.
Mirza, who has already announced her retirement at the end of this season, and her Czech partner Lucie Hradecka had earlier lost in the opening round of women's doubles event.
The 35-year-old Indian had won her maiden doubles title alongside Martina Hingis, back in 2015.
In a video footage uploaded on the official Twitter handle of Championships, Mirza said she is going to miss Wimbledon but it's time to move on.
"There are things in life which take priority over playing tennis matches and I am at that stage now," she said.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023-24: Full schedule, teams, squads, date, venues
- Indian team leaves for FIH Women’s Junior World Cup 2023
- NBA In-Season roundup: Cavs recovers, tops 76ers in OT
- Inter Miami says ‘Messi vs Ronaldo’ billed clash against Al Nassr is inaccurate
- NBA In-Season tournament: LeBron James tops 39,000 points as Lakers rout Jazz