Stan Wawrinka returned to the world's top 50 on Monday for the first time since last year's French Open after his run to the final in Rotterdam.
The three-time Grand Slam champion is on the road back to his best after serious knee injuries, and reached his first final last week since losing to Novak Djokovic at Roland Garros in 2017.
READ| Monfils holds off Wawrinka for Rotterdam title
The 33-year-old Swiss was beaten in three sets by Gael Monfils, though, with the Frenchman climbing 10 spots to 23rd.
Wawrinka sits 41st in the rankings after a rise of 27 places.
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final LIVE Score, IND vs AUS Day 1: Australia 21/1 (8 overs); Warner, Labuschagne build stand after Siraj gets Khawaja
- Asian U20 Athletics Championship: Laxita clinches women’s 1500m gold; Mehdi bags men’s 1500m bronze
- Three times the cheer: How Gokulam Kerala made Indian Women’s League its own
- Di Maria quits Juventus after one season
- WTC Final 2023: Why is India wearing black armbands?