Novak Djokovic is out of the US Open after retiring from his fourth-round match with Stan Wawrinka.
The Serbian battled a shoulder injury in his second-round win over Juan Ignacio Londero but appeared to suggest his condition had improved after a third-round defeat of Denis Kudla.
However, the world number one was second best throughout against the 2016 champion and called it quits after he dropped his serve to give Wawrinka a 6-4, 7-5, 2-1 lead in the third.
Wawrinka, who is in pursuit of his fourth major title, will play Daniil Medvedev for a place in the semifinals.
- US Open 2023 Final Live Score: Novak Djokovic wins first set 6-3 against Daniil Medvedev, trails 2-3 in second
- Rubiales to resign as Spanish football President after Hermoso kiss scandal
- US Open 2023: Novak Djokovic vs Daniil Medvedev, Final Preview, Head-to-head record, live streaming info
- WATCH - US wins Berhalter’s return match as coach, beats Uzbekistan 3-0 with goals by Weah, Pepi and Pulisic
- Germany beats Serbia to win first Basketball World Cup crown