Sania Mirza and her Czech partner Barbora Strycova suffered a straight-set loss against Bethanie Mattek-Sands and Lucie Safarova in the summit clash of the WTA Wuhan Open, here today.
The third seeds lost 1-6 4-6 to the fifth seeded US-Czech pair of Mattek-Sands and Safarova in the final that lasted a little over an hour.
Mattek-Sands and Safarova converted six of their eight break points, while the Indo-Czech pair squandered six out of eight.
Sania has won three titles in her last four tournaments after splitting with Martina Hingis.
- Odisha FC vs East Bengal LIVE score, OFC 1-1 EBFC, ISL 2023-24: Vishnu, Mauricio goals keep scores level as second-half starts
- RCB-W vs DC-W Live Score Updates, Live Streaming Info: Shafali falls after fifty, Jemimah falls for duck
- Arteta urges free-scoring Arsenal to stay ‘ruthless’ in Premier League title race
- Ireland eyeinag maiden Test victory against battling Afghanistan at end of day two
- Pogba banned: French midfielder to appeal doping ban at Court of Arbitration of sport