Kerala defeated last year's runner-up Assam in straight sets for its first win in Group 'B' and joined Services and Tamil Nadu in the men's quarterfinals of the 70 National senior volleyball championship at the KIIT indoor stadium, Bhubaneswar, on Thursday.
Meanwhile, Services defeated Tamil Nadu and topped the group while the latter took the second spot and Kerala was third. The top three teams from groups 'A' and 'B' automatically qualify for the quarterfinals.
Defending champion Haryana men and Railways have made the last-eight stage from Group 'A' with two wins each.
In the women's section, defending champion Kerala and Himachal Pradesh (from Group A) and Railways, Karnataka and West Bengal (Group B) have qualified for the quarterfinals.
- IND A vs ENG A Women, 3rd T20: Issy Wong shines again as England beats India by two wickets to win series 2-1
- WI vs ENG: Sam Curran sets unwanted record for most runs conceded by England bowler in ODI history
- WI vs ENG, 1st ODI: West Indies completes its second highest successful run-chase, beats England by four wickets
- I-League 2023-24 Top Scorers: Here are the leading goalscorers after matchday seven
- EURO 2024 playoffs: Which are the teams involved, when will the matches be played?