India continued its march ahead with another fairly comfortable day in the squash team event of the Asian Games, here, on Tuesday.
Barring Harinder Pal Sandhu, who lost to Al Tamimi Abdulla in the men’s tie against Qatar, no other Indian faced any problem as both the men and the women inched ahead in their pursuit to qualify from the group stage.
Harinder’s loss meant both Ramit Tandon and Mahesh Mangaonkar had to be extra cautious, but both were up to the task as India eked out a 2-1 win. All other matches ended in India’s favour with an identical 3-0 margins.
Men: India bt Qatar 2-1 ( Harinder Pal Sandhu lost to Al Tamimi Abdulla 8-11, 9-11, 8-11; Ramit Tandon bt Amjad Syed 11-3, 11-5, 11-3; Mahesh Mangaonkar bt Al Malki Abdulrahman 11-9, 11-6, 11-2).
Women: India bt Thailand 3-0 (Joshna Chinappa bt Prasertratanakul Anantana 11-9, 12-10, 11-6; Sunayna Kuruvilla bt Thamronglarp Tuddaw 11-2, 11-6, 11-2; Tanvi Khanna bt Phongrattana Pranghatai 11-3, 11-4, 11-2); India bt Indonesia 3-0 (Dipika Pallikal Karthik bt Rohmah Yeni Siti11-5, 11-5,11-7; Sunayna Kuruvilla bt Maryani Irma11-3, 11-9, 11-1; Tanvi Khanna bt Nadiya Maudy Wafa 11-1, 11-3, 11-7).
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: TN 162 all-out vs Baroda; Khajuria falls after ton vs Delhi; Mumbai closes in on win vs Pondicherry
- Pakistan players told to put country before franchise leagues under new team director Hafeez
- Barca has shown ‘winning mentality’ in Champions League, says Xavi
- S.Korea suspend striker Hwang Ui-jo over sex video investigation
- Liverpool set to clinch place in Europa League knockouts