India’s Annu Rani won the gold medal in the women’s javelin throw with a 69.92m throw at the Asian Games 2023 in Hangzhou on Tuesday.
She became the first Indian woman to win a javelin gold in Asian Games history.
AS IT HAPPENED | ASIAN-GAMES-2023 OCTOBER 3 HIGHLIGHTS
Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhan Lekamge Hatarabage, with 61.57 metres throw, and China’s Huihui Lyu, with 61.29 metres throw, won silver and bronze, respectively.
Rani started with a 56.99m throw in her first attempt and followed it with a 60+ in the next one. Her 61.28m throw in the second attempt put her in the medal contention but her 62.92m throw in the fourth attempt turned out to be sufficient for a gold.
Rani’s first-place finish secured India its 15th gold.
Annu Rani throws in the women’s javeline throw final
- ISL 2023-24: Odisha FC rediscovers winning touch with comeback win against Bengaluru FC
- Paris Masters 2023: Dimitrov stuns Medvedev after Alcaraz upset
- National Games 2023: Ankit stars to clinch 10,000m gold; Sheena completes hat-trick of gold medals
- NZ vs SA, ICC World Cup 2023: South Africa continues success mantra, hands Kiwis mammoth 190-run defeat
- World Cup 2023: de Kock guided me through my innings, says van der Dussen after massive win against New Zealand