- MEDAL ALERT!!! ANNU RANI WINS GOLD!!!!
- BOXING- Men’s +92 kg category NARENDER WINS BRONZE!!!
- MEDAL ALERT!!! TEJASWIN SHANKAR WINS INDIA’S FIRST MEN’S DECATHLON MEDAL SINCE 1974
- MEDAL ALERT!!!! Men’s Triple Jump- Praveen Chithravel wins bronze
- MEDAL ALERT- Mohammed Afsal wins silver in the men’s 800m!!!
- Women’s 5000m: Parul Chaudhary wins GOLD!!!!!
- Women’s 400m hurdles: Vithya Ramraj wins bronze
- MEDAL ALERT!!! Saurav Ghosal through to semis
- MEDAL ALERT!!Squash- Anahat/ Abhay duo won against Yang/Lee to enter semis
- MEDAL ALERT!!!Squash- Dipika Pallikal Karthik-Harinder Pal Singh duo reaches mixed doubles semifinal
- LOVLINA CONFIRMS PARIS 2024 QUOTA WITH AT LEAST A SILVER MEDAL CONFIRMED!
- MEDAL ALERT!
- 1 GOLD, 1 SILVER CONFIRMED FOR INDIA IN ARCHERY
- ABHISHEK VERMA CONFIRMS ANOTHER ARCHERY MEDAL!
- AT LEAST SILVER CONFIRMED AS JYOTHI EMERGES TRIUMPHANT IN BATTLE OF THE INDIANS!
- MEDAL ALERT!
- October 03, 2023 20:04That’s all for today!
See you all tomorrow for more Asian Games updates
- October 03, 2023 19:15Other results-
Men’s Team semifinal-
India and Hong Kong, China rank 1 after semifinal Rd 3.
Men’s team- India drew with Iran
Women’s team-India beat Mongolia 4.0-0.0
Men’s Team Group A- Korea 2-1 India; Chinese Taipei 1-2 India
Women’s Speed 1/8 Final Heats- Anisha Verma loses; Shivpreet Pannu loses
Men’s Speed 1/8 Final Heat- Aman Verma
- October 03, 2023 18:46MEDAL ALERT!!! ANNU RANI WINS GOLD!!!!
Annu Ranni clinched gold in the women’s javelin throw with a season-best of 62.92m in her fourth attempt. With this she became the first Indian women to win gold in women’s javelin. Nadeesha Dilhan of Sri Lanka won the silver.
- October 03, 2023 18:35BOXING- Men’s +92 kg category NARENDER WINS BRONZE!!!
Narender takes on Kazakhstan’s Kamshybek. While the Indian looks a bit battered in the first round after suffering a few punches on his side and nose. The score is well reflected as he loses the round with five 9s.
Indian loses the second round in an unanimous decision!
Narender has to be satisfied with bronze as the judges sound an unanimous decision!
- October 03, 2023 18:29Women's Javelin Throw
Annu Rani throws a season-best of 62.92m in her fourth attempt in the women’s javelin throw.
- October 03, 2023 18:22MEDAL ALERT!!! TEJASWIN SHANKAR WINS INDIA’S FIRST MEN’S DECATHLON MEDAL SINCE 1974
India’s Tejaswin Shankar won silver with National Record of 7666 points in men’s decathlon after placing fourth in the 1500m. The last men’s decathlon medal in Asian Games was in 1974 by Vijay Singh Chauhan. Previously, Bharatinder Singh held the National Record of 7,658 points.
- October 03, 2023 18:05MEDAL ALERT!!!! Men’s Triple Jump- Praveen Chithravel wins bronze
Praveen Chithravel won bronze in the men’s triple jump event as he ran through his sixth attempt and managed to secure the third spot with his first jump of 16.68m. Aboobacker finished fourth with a 16.62m jump.
- October 03, 2023 17:59MEDAL ALERT- Mohammed Afsal wins silver in the men’s 800m!!!
Mohammed Afsal wins silver in the men’s 800m with a time of 1:48.43 as Essa Ali S of Saudi Arabia took the lead in the last few metres. Krishan Kumar finished fifth.
- October 03, 2023 17:53Men’s Triple Jump
China’s Zhu Yaming and Fang Yaoqing are currently in first and secons place with jumps of 17.13m and 16.83. However, India’s Praveen and Aboobacker in the fourth attempt were able to jump only 16.34m and 16.45m.
- October 03, 2023 17:47Women’s High Jump
Rubina Yadav and Pooja out of medal contention and have placed ninth and sixth, respectively.
- October 03, 2023 17:36Women’s 5000m: Parul Chaudhary wins GOLD!!!!!
Parul Chaudhary wins GOLD in the women’s 5000m event!!!!! She overtakes Japan’s Ririka Hironaka in the final few metres of the race as the Japanese turned her head to see to see if the Indian is nearing her, but Parul took the chance and sprinted via the inner lane to cross the finish line first at 15:14.75. The other Indian in the fray, Ankita finished fifth with a personal-best of 15:33.03.
- October 03, 2023 17:33Men’s Triple Jump
Praveen and Aboobacker foul their third attempt.
- October 03, 2023 17:27Sachin loses in the men’s 57kg quarterfinals
Sachin lost 1:4 as Lyu gets a cut near the right eye due to clash of heads within the first 17 minutes of the second round.
- October 03, 2023 17:17Sachin takes on Lyu Ping of China in men’s 57kg quarterfinals!
Sachin will take on Lyu Ping of China in men’s 57kg quarterfinals.
The round one ends with a 4-1 split decision in favour of Lyu. Sachin needs to up his punches to enter the semis.
- October 03, 2023 17:13Men’s Triple Jump
Praveen and Aboobacker’s second jump landed in the 16.63m and 16.62m mark, respectively.
- October 03, 2023 17:11Men’s 400m hurdles:
Yashas and Santhosh Kumar finished fifth and sixth in the men’s 400m hurdles with timings of 49.39 and 49.41.
- October 03, 2023 17:05Men’s Decathlon: Tejaswin Shankar finishes fifth in javelin throw
Tejaswin Shankar finished fifth in javelin throw with an attempt of 51.17m. His last event of 1500m will decide his position in the event or if he will win a medal.
- October 03, 2023 16:53Women’s 400m hurdles: Vithya Ramraj wins bronze
Vithya Ramraj wins bronze in the women’s 400m hurdles, after coming from behind. Oluwakemi Mujidat of Bahrain won the gold, breaking the Games Record of 55.09. Mo Jiadie of China won silver.
- October 03, 2023 16:47Men’s Triple Jump
Abdulla Aboobacker’s jump felt a bit shaky as he lands before the 16m mark and yes, it’s 15.39m. Praveen Chithravel, on the other hand, jumped 16.68m to enter the second place.
- October 03, 2023 16:45Men’s Decathlon- Tejaswin throws 50.84m
Tejaswin throws the javelin 50.84m in his first attempt in the men’s decathlon.
- October 03, 2023 16:33Women’s High Jump in action: Rubina Yadav and Pooja
India’s Rubina Yadav and Pooja have entered the field.
Pooja and Rubina Yadav clear 1.65m with ease.
Rubina and Pooja clears 1.70m
- October 03, 2023 16:29Saurav, Abhay-Anahat & Dipika-Harinderpal qualify for squash semis, assures India of medal
- October 03, 2023 16:20MEDAL ALERT!!! Saurav Ghosal through to semis
Saurav Ghosal will secure himself yet another Asian Games 2023 medal after he defeated Japan’s Ryunosuke Tsukue 3-0 while dominating the third game 11-3 in the men’s singles quarterfinals.
- October 03, 2023 16:14MEDAL ALERT!!Squash- Anahat/ Abhay duo won against Yang/Lee to enter semis
Anahat Singh and Abhay Singh defeated Yang Yeonsoo and Lee Dongjun 2-1 to advance to the semifinals. The Indian duo won the first game 11-4, while losing the second one 8-11 and came back to dominate the third game 11-1. This secures India yet another medal in squash.
- October 03, 2023 16:09Squash- Saurav Ghosal wins second game
India’s Saurav Ghosal wins second game vs Japan’s Ryunosuke Tsukue in the quarterfinal men’s squash event.
- October 03, 2023 16:02Soft Tennis- India trails 0-1 vs South Korea in men’s team match
India trails 0-1 vs South Korea in men’s team match Group A match.
- October 03, 2023 15:53Saurav Ghosal wins first game against Ryunosuke Tsukue in men’s quarterfinal
Saurav Ghosal won the first game 11-4 with ease against Ryunosuke Tsukue in men’s quarterfinal match.
- October 03, 2023 15:51With two events remaining, here’s what Tejaswin Shankar needs to do to win Asian Games Decathlon gold
- October 03, 2023 15:36Badminton- Kidambi Srikanth defeats Lee Yungyu
India’s Kidmabi Srikanth defeats South Korea’s Lee Yungyu 2-0 (21-16, 21-11) with ease in the men’s round of 32 match.
- October 03, 2023 15:21Badminton- Kidambi Srikanth wins first game vs Lee Yungyu
Kidambi Srikanth wins first game 21-16 against South Korea’s Lee Yungyu in the men’s round of 32 match.
- October 03, 2023 15:17MEDAL ALERT!!!Squash- Dipika Pallikal Karthik-Harinder Pal Singh duo reaches mixed doubles semifinal
Dipika Pallikal Karthik-Harinder Pal Singh duo made a comeback to defeat Jemyca Aribado- Robert Andrew 2-1 (7-11, 11-5, 11-4) duo of Philippines to reach the mixed doubles semifinal. The Indian duo will win at least a bronze medal.
- October 03, 2023 15:06Squash- Tanvi out of medal contention, loses in quarterfinals
Tanvi Khanna lost to Satomi Watanabe of Japan 0-3 (11-5, 11-6, 14-12)in the women’s quarterfinal match.
- October 03, 2023 15:00Badminton: Kidambi Srikanth vs Lee Yungyu
Kidambi Srikanth will be seen in action against South Korea’s Lee Yungyu in the men’s individual round of 32 match.
- October 03, 2023 14:45Squash- Tanvi loses first game vs Watanabe
Tanvi loses first game 5-11 against Japan’s Satomi Watanabe.
- October 03, 2023 14:41India 56-22 South Korea in Women’s Kabaddi Pool A match
India thrashes South Korea 56-22 in the women’s kabaddi pool A match. India inflicted five all-outs in total against Korea leading to this dominating scoreline.
- October 03, 2023 14:35Squash- Indians in action
India’s Tanvi Khanna will take on Satomi Watanabe of Japan in the women’s singles quarterfinal match, while the mixed doubles team of Dipika Pallikal Karthik/ Harinder Pal Singh duo faces Jemyca Aribado/ Robert Andrew of Philippines.
- October 03, 2023 14:10Third all-out for South Korea after first-half vs India
India ensures South Korea is all-out for the third time in this match 32-9 as the timer stops signalling the end of first-half.
- October 03, 2023 14:02Women’s Kabaddi- India inflicts second all-out vs South Korea
India leads 22-8 as it inflicts the second all-out against South Korea.
- October 03, 2023 13:52Kabaddi- India inflicts first all-out against South Korea
India managed to inflict the first all-out against South Korea. Scoreline reading 11-2 in favour of India.
- October 03, 2023 13:41Difference between Soft Tennis and Lawn Tennis....
In case you don’t know the difference between Soft Tennis and Lawn Tennis, we have it covered for you.
- October 03, 2023 13:37Soft Tennis- Men’s Team Group A match
India beat Cambodia 3-0 in men’s team soft tennis event in a rather dominant finish.
- October 03, 2023 13:30Badminton women’s doubles Round of 32
Treesa Jolly and Gayatri Gopichand eased through to R16 in the women’s doubles match after defeating Aminath Nabeeha and Fathimath Nabaaha 21-14, 21-12.
- October 03, 2023 13:25India takes on South Korea in Women’s Kabaddi- Group A
- October 03, 2023 13:07Badminton Women’s Doubles Round of 32
Tanisha Castro and Ashwini Ponnappa defeated Maldives’ Maisa Fathuhulla Ismail and Aishath Afnaan Rasheed 21-2, 12-2(retd) after the Maldivians retired.
- October 03, 2023 12:47ANOTHER SHOOT-OFF IN RECURVE INDIVIDUAL!
It’s 5-5, which only means we will head into another SO between Dhiraj and Ilfat Abdullin. Dhiraj shoots a 9, and Ilfat gets a 10. That would hurt. Especially because of the two misses by Dhiraj earlier.
- October 03, 2023 12:40DHIRAJ BOMMADEVARA MISSES... TWICE!
Dhiraj misses a target each in two sets to gift points to the Kazakh athlete. IND 4-4 KAZ
- October 03, 2023 12:37DHIRAJ BOMMADEVARA IN ACTION IN RECURVE MEN’S INDIVIDUAL QUARTERFINAL
India and Kazakhstan share spoils after the first two sets.
- October 03, 2023 12:28ATANU DAS PERISHES IN A SHOOT-OFF
It’s the end of the road for Atanu, who goes down in a shoot-off against home favourite Qi Xiangshuo in the quarterfinal. After a 5-5 in the competition stage, Qi responded to Atanu’s 10 in the SO with another closer to the bullseye.
- October 03, 2023 12:21DIVING - INDIA CRASHES OUT
The Indian pair of London Singh Hemam (207.00) and Siddharth Bajrang Pardeshi (236.35) fail to make it beyond the preliminary round of men’s 3m springboard.
- October 03, 2023 12:18LOVLINA CONFIRMS PARIS 2024 QUOTA WITH AT LEAST A SILVER MEDAL CONFIRMED!
The judges have ruled in favour of Lovlina in the blue corner (5-0). She will be returning to India with not only a gold/silver but also a ticket to Paris for next year’s Olympics.
- October 03, 2023 12:16THIRD ROUND COMES TO AN END
Lovlina looks to be a bit under pressure. She is fighting the Asian Championships 70kg silver medallist after all. Another warning has been served to both athletes for holding up play. Lovlina lands an upper cut just before the bell goes off.
- October 03, 2023 12:13SPLIT DECISION
Lovlina displays nimble footwork to evade her opponent’s punches. The referee intervenes to separate the boxers. Another dominating show from Lovlina. Three judges have favoured Maneekon in this round.
- October 03, 2023 12:07JUDGES FAVOUR LOVLINA IN FIRST ROUND
Lovlina trying to use her height to her advantage. With about 25 seconds remaining on the round clock, Lovlina looks to attack a bit more. A bit touch-and-go.
An unanimous decision by the judges to award the first round to the Indian.
- October 03, 2023 12:00UP NEXT: LOVLINA BORGOHAIN vs BAISON MANEEKON IN WOMEN’S 66-75KG SEMIFINAL
Although a bronze medal is confirmed for Lovlina, she’d love to take things a step further to challenge for gold.
- October 03, 2023 11:56JAPAN DEFEATS INDIA IN SOFT TENNIS
India fails to open its account against Japan as the latter marches home with a 3-0 scoreline in a Group A match.
- October 03, 2023 11:50CHALIHA LOSES IN BADMINTON
Tunjung shows Chaliha the exit door from the round of 32 in straight games. 21-17, 21-16 is the final scoreline.
- October 03, 2023 11:45MEDAL ALERT!
2022 Asian Championships bronze medallist Preeti will have to stay content with another medal of the same colour after three judges rule in favour of Chang. The reigning Asian Games gold medallist wins on points 5-0.
Preeti now has become second boxer after Nikhat to clinch the bronze medal.
- October 03, 2023 11:42THE DECIDING ROUND BEGINS
Preeti connects a few combination punches. An upper cut now! The Indian looks way more aggressive than the other rounds.
- October 03, 2023 11:40PREETI LOOKS BETTER IN THE SECOND ROUND
Preeti on the defensive after landing a few soft punches. A straight jab lands on Chang’s face, after which the Chinese boxer is looking to attack further. Three judges rule in Preeti’s favour.
- October 03, 2023 11:34CHANG WITH THE UPPER HAND
A left hook lands square on Preeti’s face. The start hasn’t been that promising for the Indian pugilist. A 4-1 split decision awards the first round to Chang.
- October 03, 2023 11:30WOMEN’S 54KG BOXING LIVE!
India’s Preeti is in action against China’s Yuan Chang in the women’s 54kg boxing bout. At least a bronze is confirmed in this event.
- October 03, 2023 11:21CHALIHA CONCEDES FIRST SET
India’s Ashmita Chaliha loses first set 17-21 to Indonesia’s Gregoria Tungjung.
- October 03, 2023 10:51ABHAY-ANAHAT ON A ROLL!
The mixed doubles team of Abhay Singh and Anahat Singh beat the Hong Kong Chinese pair of Tsz WIng Tong and Ming Hong Tang in straight games 11-10, 11-8.
- October 03, 2023 10:27SPORT CLIMBING UPDATE
Here is a summary of the women’s and men’s speed qualification rounds -
- October 03, 2023 10:211 GOLD, 1 SILVER CONFIRMED FOR INDIA IN ARCHERY
Ojas Pravin Deotale beats Yang Jaewon 150-146. That means, Ojas will later take on Abhishek in the gold medal match.
That essentially confirms both gold and silver for India.
- October 03, 2023 10:02DECATHLON - POLE VAULT CONCLUDES
Tejaswin Shankar finishes last on the pole vault leaderboard, but he would be happy that he could at least set his Personal Best in the event.
With 645 points from pole vault, Tejaswin is now second on the overall rankings below China’s Sun Qihao.
- October 03, 2023 09:54INDIAN MEN’S CRICKET TEAM ENTERS SEMIFINAL
The Indian men’s cricket team beats Nepal by 23 runs to make the final four. Click on the thumbnail link below to catch the highlights brought to you by my colleague Nigamanth P.
- October 03, 2023 09:47ABHISHEK VERMA CONFIRMS ANOTHER ARCHERY MEDAL!
South Korea’s Joo Jaehoon goes down 145–147, and that would only mean at least a silver medal confirmed for Abhishek Verma. He will next play the winner of the other SF between Ojas Pravin Deotale and Yang Jaewon.
- October 03, 2023 09:42INDIA FINISHES LAST IN REMAINING TWO CANOE EVENTS
India finds itself at the very bottom of the pile as the women’s canoe double 200m and women’s kayak four 500m come to an end.
- October 03, 2023 09:39SOFT TENNIS: Women 1, Men 0
The Indian women’s team starts with a win. It beats Mongolia 3-0 (5-1, 4-2, 5-1).
The men, in the meantime, lost to Thailand 1-2. Jay Meena won the only tie.
- October 03, 2023 09:34WOMEN’S HOCKEY UPDATE: INDIA BEATS HONG KONG CHINA 13-0
Hong Kong China would be relieved that the ordeal is finally over... Six Indian players got onto the scoresheet but the star of the match has to be Deepika for her hat-trick.
- October 03, 2023 09:30SINDHU’s Ro32 MATCH OVER
A slow drop from Sindhu, and that’ll be it. She romps home in straight games, beating her opponent from Chinese Taipei 21-10, 21-15.
- October 03, 2023 09:20AT LEAST SILVER CONFIRMED AS JYOTHI EMERGES TRIUMPHANT IN BATTLE OF THE INDIANS!
Jyothi Surekha Vennam beats compatriot Aditi Gopichand Swami 149-146 to enter the gold medal match that is scheduled for October 7. Aditi will get to fight for bronze.
- October 03, 2023 09:179-ALL IN GAME 2!
Wen-Chi suddenly seems more confident, darting across the court to return Sindhu’s drops. The Indian, however, has the lead of a solitary point going into the midgame interval.
- October 03, 2023 09:12FORMER KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS TEAMMATES JOIN HANDS
Malla cannot believe what he is seeing! Rinku Singh and Rahul Tripathi combine to complete a stunning relay catch near the ropes. Kushal Malla c Rinku Singh b Ravi Bishnoi 29(22)
- October 03, 2023 09:07PV SINDHU HAS THE FIRST GAME IN THE BAG!
Chinese Taipei’s Hsu Wen-Chi, thus far, has been no match for Sindhu, the Indian double Olympic medallist having taken the first game 21-10.
- October 03, 2023 09:02INDIA BEATS JAPAN IN SQUASH MIXED DOUBLES
Dipika Pallikal Karthik and Harinder Pal Singh Sandhu make short work of their Japanese opponents 11-5, 11-5 in Pool A.
- October 03, 2023 08:43MEDAL ALERT!
In men’s canoe double 1000m, India’s Arjun Singh and Sunil Singh Salam have picked up a bronze medal with a finish time of 3:53.329. Uzbekistan (GOLD with 3:43.796) and Kazakhstan (SILVER with 3:49.991) are the top two finishers in the event.
- October 03, 2023 08:40THREE STRIKES FOR TEJASWIN ON 4.20
Tejaswin will have to be content with a 4.10 and 645 points in pole vault.
- October 03, 2023 08:36AVESH STRIKES!
Avesh Khan gets the breakthrough for India. An outside edge flies straight into the gloves of wicketkeeper Jitesh Sharma. Aasif Sheikh c Jitesh Sharma b Avesh Khan 10(6)
- October 03, 2023 08:34TEJASWIN CLEARS 4.10 OFF THE LAST ATTEMPT
XXO - Tejaswin just refuses to give up. Wow! He will try to leap over 4.20 now.
- October 03, 2023 08:31INDIANS CONTINUE TO SHINE IN COMPOUND ARCHERY
Ojas Pravin Deotale gives India one more reason to celebrate as he beats Akbarali Karabayev 150-142 to make the semifinal.
- October 03, 2023 08:28PRANNOY WINS!
Prannoy seals the deal in straight games in 25 minutes. Munkhbat goes down 9-21, 12-21 in the Round of 32.
- October 03, 2023 08:25TEJASWIN CLEARS 3.90 AND... 4.00!
After taking two chances each to clear 3.80 and 3.90 in pole vault, Tejaswin lands the 4.00 in one go. That will be yet another Personal Best mark for the Indian decathlete!
- October 03, 2023 08:22WOMEN’S HOCKEY: INDIA vs HONG KONG CHINA
Deep Grace Ekka, Monika, Deepika and Vandana Katariya (brace) find themselves on the scoresheet as India leads 5-0 in hockey, with around four minutes left for the second quarter to end.
- October 03, 2023 08:19PRANNOY CLINCHES FIRST GAME
HS Prannoy, who looked a bit shaky initially, recovers well. Mongolia’s Batdavaa Munkhbat goes down 9-21 in the first game.
- October 03, 2023 08:17DECATHLON’S POLE VAULT BEGINS!
Tejaswin clears the 3.80 mark on his second attempt.
- October 03, 2023 08:16INNINGS BREAK: INDIA SETS TARGET OF 203
Rinku Singh’s unbeaten 15-ball 37 provides India a late push on the difficult track. It has been a tale of two left-handers today!
- October 03, 2023 08:12ARCHERY QUARTERFINAL: ANDREY TYUTYUN LOSES TO ABHISHEK VERMA IN A SHOOT-OFF
117-all after End 4 and 147-all after the fifth! A thrilling affair in Hanzghou culminates in a shoot-off, where Abhishek Verma emerges winner with a 10+.
- October 03, 2023 07:57INDIA FINISHES EIGHTH IN MEDAL EVENT
Soniya Devi Phairembam, participating in the women’s kayak single 500m final, finishes second last. Her timing of 2:14.555 is 15.624 off the gold medal mark.
- October 03, 2023 07:55CAUGHT!
Yashasvi Jaiswal, taken by surprise by a full toss, misfires to the man stationed at short third. Jaiswal c Abinash Bohara b Dipendra Singh 100(49)
- October 03, 2023 07:52INDIA GOES DOWN TO SOUTH KOREA IN SEPAKTAKRAW
South Korea takes an hour and 12 minutes to beat India 21-16, 16-21, 21-16 in Group B men’s quadrant prelims.
- October 03, 2023 07:49YASHASVI JAISWAL ENDS UP CELEBRATING HIS MAIDEN ASIAN GAMES 100 TWICE!
Yashasvi, thinking he had already reached his 100 off 47 deliveries, raised his bat to the crowd, before proceeding to kiss his helmet. He had to wait for another delivery to finally reach the mark when replays ruled the previous shot a four.
- October 03, 2023 07:43FULLTIME: IND 55-18 BAN IN KABADDI
India has got its kabaddi campaign rolling in impressive fashion at the Asian Games, with a convincing 37-point win over Bangladesh in a pool match. As the most accomplished team in this sport at the Asiad, India displayed a clinical approach and appears poised to reclaim the gold medal from Iran.
- October 03, 2023 07:40TEJASWIN WITH YET ANOTHER PERSONAL BEST!
Tejaswin Shankar continues to shine, recording another PB. On this occasion, it has come in discus where his second throw lands 39.28m away.
Find below the overall Decathlon standings thus far:
- October 03, 2023 07:31JITESH SHARMA FOLLOWS TILAK VERMA INTO THE HUT!
Dipendra gets rid of Tilak. Another short delivery, and this time an inside edge, while the batter tries to pull the ball across, sees it crash onto the stumps. Tilak Varma b Sompal Kami 2(10)
Jitesh survives for a mere four deliveries before handing a simple catch off a top-edge to bowler Lamichhane. Jitesh c and b Lamichhane 5(4)
- October 03, 2023 07:28INDIA’S 4x400M RELAY TEAM ENTERS FINAL!
Muhammed Anas Yahiya, Nihal Joel William, Amoj Jacob, and Mijo Chacko Kurian make the final with a 3:03.81s performance. That’s four seconds off the Asian record, which India itself set in August’s Budapest Worlds. Among the four, only Amoj and Anas were a part of the team, which had created history.
Qatar and Thailand earn a direct qualification too.
- October 03, 2023 07:20TEJASWIN SHANKAR GETS GOING IN DISCUS THROW
A 36.54m effort from Tejaswin to start things off... That places him third after the first round of throws below China’s Sun Qihao and Suttisak Singkhon of Thailand.
- October 03, 2023 07:16THE SKIPPER DEPARTS!
Yashasvi Jaiswal looks to break the shackles... Gets enough elevation but not the required distance as Rohit Paudel, at deep midwicket, pouches a sitter. Nepal finally gets to celebrate! Gaikwad c Rohit Paudel b Dipendra Singh 25(23)
- October 03, 2023 07:10THE QUEEN JOINS THE PARTY!
Harmilan Bains will meet Chanda in the final. With a 2:06.62 finish, she tops the field in Heat 2. Bahrain’s Marta Hirpato Yota (2:06.85) also gets a ‘Q’.
- October 03, 2023 07:08CHANDA GETS A Q!
A 2:07.38 from Chanda in the women’s 800m sees her earn a direct qualification for the final from Heat 1. China’s Rao Xinyu, second-placed with a 2:07.77 finish, is the other direct qualifier.
- October 03, 2023 07:03TEJASWIN SHANKAR FIFTH IN 110M HURDLES
Tejaswin’s 14.78s finish in 110m hurdles sees him collect 876 points. With 5136 points after six events, the Indian decathlete continues to lead the pack.
- October 03, 2023 06:58AND THE RAMPAGE CONTINUES!
Even as the kabaddi boys continue to build on the lead, going past the 50-point mark with just about five minutes left on the clock, the cricket team, especially Yashasvi, refuse to budge from their fourth-gear mode. The PowerPlay score is 63/0.
- October 03, 2023 06:51SACHIN RETURNS WITH TWO RAID POINTS
Sachin’s two raid points see India’s score move up to 43 in kabaddi. The Bangladesh team has just entered the double digits.
- October 03, 2023 06:48INDIA vs INDIA IN SEMIS!
With a 149-143 win over Amaya, Aditi sets up a semifinal date with Jyothi.
- October 03, 2023 06:44BACK-TO-BACK SIXES BY YASHASVI JAISWAL!
Jaiswal makes his intentions known. Karan KC has just been hammered for maximums off consecutive deliveries. The first, bowled right in the slot, was dispatched over long-on, while the second was gloriously pulled through backward square. IND 21/0 after 2 overs.
- October 03, 2023 06:41SEPAKTAKRAW SET TO BEGIN
The Indian men’s sepaktakraw team meets South Korea in Group B Prelims shortly. Stay tuned for the scores.
- October 03, 2023 06:39ADITI vs AMAYA IN QF2
With three ends done, Aditi is in the lead. With 89 points in the bag, she has a five-point cushion.
- October 03, 2023 06:31ARCHERY - IND 147-144 KAZ
Jyothi Surekha Vennam just manages to pip her Kazakh opponent to progress to the semifinals later today. She will face the winner of the contest between compatriot Aditi Gopichand Swami and Amaya Amparo Cojuangco.
- October 03, 2023 06:28INDIA CALLS FOR A TIMEOUT AT KABADDI
Having just picked up a bonus point, India, leading 22-9, takes a timeout with only 58 seconds remaining for the conclusion of the first half. The message, probably, would be to take things a bit easy hereon.
- October 03, 2023 06:24CLOSELY-CONTESTED AFFAIR!
Four ends done, it doesn’t look like either of the athletes are willing to let go of an inch of space. It’s neck-and-neck in favour of Jyothi for now (117-116).
- October 03, 2023 06:19IND vs NEP CRICKET TEAMSHEETS ARE IN!
India: Ruturaj Gaikwad (c), Yashasvi Jaiswal, Tilak Varma, Jitesh Sharma (wk), Rinku Singh, Shivam Dube, Washington Sundar, Ravisrinivasan Sai Kishore, Ravi Bishnoi, Avesh Khan, Arshdeep Singh
Nepal: Kushal Bhurtel, Aasif Sheikh (wk), Sundeep Jora, Gulsan Jha, Rohit Paudel (c), Kushal Malla, Dipendra Singh Airee, Sompal Kami, Karan KC, Abinash Bohara, Sandeep Lamichhane
- October 03, 2023 06:17JYOTHI SUREKHA VENNAM IN ACTION
It’s quarterfinal time at the Fuyang Yinhu Sports Centre. In compound women’s individual, Jyothi will get things rolling as she takes on Kazakhstan’s Adel Zhexenbinova.
- October 03, 2023 06:14INDIA RUNNING AWAY WITH THE GAME AT THE XSG SPORTS CENTRE
The Indian kabaddi team has just inflicted the first all out on Bangladesh! The board reads 11-2 in India’s favour at the moment.
- October 03, 2023 06:10TOSS UPDATE FROM THE ZUT PINGFENG CRICKET FIELDIndia opts to bat
The Indian men’s cricket team will kick-start its Asian Games campaign against Nepal on Tuesday in the quarterfinals of the cricket tournament.
The Men in Blue are playing the quarterfinals directly owing to their superior international ranking. Nepal defeated Maldives by 138 runs in its Group A match to qualify for the quarterfinals.
The Indian men’s side, making its Asian Games debut, will look to repeat the heroics of the women’s side, which won a gold by defeating Sri Lanka in the final by 19 runs while defending a small total of 117 runs.
It was also the debut of the women’s team in the continental event.
- October 03, 2023 06:06WHICH INDIANS ARE IN ACTION TODAY (OCTOBER 3) AT THE ASIAN GAMES IN HANGZHOU?All timings are in Indian Standard Time (IST)
6:30 AM: India vs Nepal, Men’s Quarterfinal
6:10 AM: Jyoti Surekha Vennam vs Adel Zhexenbinova (KAZ) - Compound Women Individual Quarterfinal
6:30 AM: Aditi Gopichand Swami vs AA Conjuangco (PHI) - Compound Women Individual Quarterfinal
7:50 AM: Abhishek Verma vs Andrey Tyutyun (KAZ) - Compound Men Individual Quarterfinal
8:10 AM: Ojas Pravin Deotale vs Akbarali Karabayev (KAZ) - Compound Men Individual Quarterfinal
8:50 AMonwards: Compound Women Individual Semifinals (Subject to qualification)
9:30 AM onwards: Compound Men Individual Semifinals (Subject to qualification)
12:10 PM: Atanu Das vs Qi Xiangshuo (CHN) - Recurve Men Individual Quarterfinal
12:30 PM: Dhiraj Bommadevara vs Ilfat Abudllin (KAZ) - Recurve Men Individual Quarterfinal
1:50 PM onwards: Recurve Men Individual Semifinals (Subject to qualification)
6:30 AM: Men’s 110m Hurdles (Decathlon) - Tejaswin Shankar
6:40 AM: Women’s 800m Round 1 Heat 1 - Chanda
6:48 AM: Women’s 800m Round 1 Heat 2 - Harmilan Bains
7 AM: Men’s Discus Throw (Decathlon) - Tejaswin Shankar
7:10 AM: Men’s 4x400m Relay Round 1 Heat 1
8:10 AM: Men’s Pole Vault (Decathlon) - Tejaswin Shankar
4:30 PM: Women’s High Jump Final - Rubina Yadav, Pooja
4:35 PM: Men’s Javelin Throw (Decathlon) - Tejaswin Shankar
4:40 PM: Men’s Triple Jump Final - Abdulla Aboobacker, Praveen Chitharavel
4:50 PM: Women’s 400m Hurdles Final - R. Vithya Ramraj
5:05 PM: Men’s 400m Hurdles Final - Yashas P, Santhosh Kumar Tamilarasan
5:20 PM: Women’s 5000m Final - Parul Chaudhary, Ankita
5:40 PM: Women’s Javelin Throw Final - Annu Rani
5:55 PM: Men’s 800m Final - Krishan Kumar, Mohammed Afsal
6:10 PM: Men’s 1500m (Decathlon Final Event) - Tejaswin Shankar
8:10 AM: Men’s Singles, Round of 32 - HS Prannoy vs Batdavaa Munkhbat (MGL)
8:50 AM: Women’s Singles, Round of 32 - P V Sindhu vs Hsu Wen-Chi (TPE)
10:50 AM: Women’s Singles, Round of 32 - Ashmita Chaliha vs Gregoria Tunjung (INA)
12:50 PM: Women’s Doubles, Round of 32 - Treesa Jolly/Gayatri Gopichand vs Abdul Razzaq AN/Abdul Razzaq FN (MDV)
2:10 PM: Women’s Doubles, Round of 32 - Tanisha Crasto/Ashwini Ponappa vs Ismail Fathuhulla/AA Rasheed (MDV)
2:10 PM: Men’s Singles, Round of 32 - Kidambi Srikanth vs Lee Yungyu (KOR)
11:30 AM: Women’s 50-54kg semifinal - Preeti vs Chang Yuan (CHN)
12 PM: Women’s 66-75kg semifinal - Lovlina Borgohain vs Baison Maneekon (THA)
5:15 PM: Men’s 51-57kg quarterfinal - Sachin vs Lyu Ping (CHN)
6:30 PM: Men’s +92kg semifinal - Narender vs Kamshybek Kunkabayev (KAZ)
6:30 AM: Jaggy Shivdasani, Sandeep Thakral, Rajeshwar Tiwari, Sumit Mukherjee, Raju Tolani, Ajay Khare- Men Team Semifinal Session 1
KAYAKING & CANOEING
7:45 AM: Women’s Kayak Single 500m Final - Soniya Devi Phairembam
8:20 AM: Men’s Canoe Double 1000m Final - Arjun Singh, Sunil Singh Salam
9:15 AM: Women’s Kayak Four 500m Final - Soniya Devi Phairembam, Parvathy Geetha, Binita Chanu Oinam, Dimita Devi Toijam
9:30 AM: Women’s Canoe Double 200m Final - Kaveri, Neha Devi Leichonbam
12:30 PM: Vidit Gujarathi, Gukesh D., Arjun ErigaisI, R. Praggnanandhaa– Men’s Team Round 5
12:30 PM: Koneru Humpy, Vantika Agrawal, Vaishali Rameshbabu, Savitha Sri Baskar – Women’s Team Round 5
10:30 AM: London Singh Hemam, Siddharth Bajrang Pardeshi – Men’s 3m Springboard – Preliminary
5 PM: Men’s 3m Springboard – Final
7:45 AM: India vs Hong Kong, China – Preliminary Women’s Pool A
6 AM: India vs Bangladesh – Preliminary Men’s Group A
1:30 PM: India vs Republic of Korea - Preliminary Women’s Group A
9 AM: Women’s Speed Qualification - Shivpreet Pannu, Anisha Verma
9:40 AM: Men’s Speed Qualification - Dhiraj Dinkar Birajdar, Aman Verma
5:30 PM onwards: Knockout stage
7:30 AM: India Vs Thailand - Men’s Team Preliminary Round
7:30 AM: India Vs Mongolia - Women’s Team Preliminary Round
9 AM: India Vs Japan - Women’s Team Preliminary Round
11 AM: India Vs Cambodia - Men’s Team Preliminary Round
11 AM: India Vs Vietnam - Women’s Team Preliminary Round
12:45 PM: India Vs South Korea - Men’s Team Preliminary Round
2:30 PM: India Vs Chinese Taipei - Men’s Team Preliminary Round
2:45 PM: India Vs China - Women’s Team Preliminary Round
6:30 AM: India Vs Republic of Korea – Men’s Quadrant Group Stage
11:30 AM onwards: Men’s Quadrant Semifinals (Subject to qualification)
8:30 AM: Dipika Pallikal Karthik & Harinder Pal Singh Sandhu vs Japan – Mixed Doubled 1st Round, Team Pool Match
10 PM: Anahat Singh & Abhay Singh vs Hong Kong, China– Mixed Doubled 1st Round, Team Pool Match
2:30 PM: Tanvi Khanna vs Satomi Watanabe (JPN) - Women’s Singles Quarterfinal
2:30 PM onwards: Mixed Doubles Quarterfinals (Subject to qualification)
3:30 PM: Saurav Ghosal vs R. Tsukue (JPN) - Men’s Singles Quarterfinal
- October 03, 2023 05:59WHERE TO WATCH INDIANS IN ACTION AT ASIAN GAMES 2023 LIVE?
Sony Sports Network channels— Sony Sports Ten 1, Sony Sports Ten 2, Sony Sports Ten 3, Sony Sports Ten 4, and Sony Sports Ten 5—will live telecast the following Indian events today. The action will also be available for live streaming on the SonyLIV app.
All these events and more will also be covered on Sportstar’s LIVE blog.
- Poland U-17 World Cup squad depleted after FIFA rule out replacing banished players
- Seven Belgian tennis players suspended in match-fixing probe
- World Cup 2023: Business Development Director Sybrand Engelbrecht gets a second chance at cricket
- Afghanistan’s participation in LA Olympics 2028 in the works by IOC, says ICC CEO Allardice
- Andy Murray splits from coach Ivan Lendl after gruelling 2023 season