Rama Dhawaskar and Nitin Sawant from Goa have been selected to represent India in beach volleyball at the Asian Games 2022 to be held in September and October in Hangzhou, China.
The two players qualified for the tournament after winning the trials for the multilateral event, which was held in Chennai this week.
The ad-hoc committee of the Volleyball Federation of India announced on July 8 that the selection trials for the men’s and women’s teams would be conducted on July 12 and July 13 at Marina beach.
The trials were conducted by a selection committee appointed by the Volleyball Federation’s ad-hoc committee, including chairman Rohit Rajpal, a member of the IOA Executive Committee, and Alaknanda Ashok, Joint Secretary of the IOA.
- Live Score IND vs WI 2nd Test, Day 4: Match restarts after rain delay; Kishan, Gill out in middle for India vs West Indies
- Hopman Cup: Croatia downs Switzerland to clinch title
- Jonas Vingegaard wins second successive Tour de France
- Wrestling trials for Asian Games: Upsets galore show past has little influence on the present
- Deodhar Trophy: Tournament favourite South Zone looks to open campaign on a high against North Zone