India won bronze in the men’s and women’s 3000m speed skating relay race at the Asian Games 2023 in Hangzhou, China on Monday.
The women’s team comprising of Sanjana Bathula, Karthika Jagadeeswaran, Heeral Sadhu and Aarathy Kasthuri Raj scored 4:34.861 to ensure a podium finish.
Chinese Taipei won gold with a time of 4:19.447, followed by South Korea, who clocked 4:21.146.
FOLLOW | Asian-Games 2023 LIVE updates
Coincidentally, the men’s 3000m speed skating relay race also had the three countries bagging the respective medals.
The Indian men’s team included Aryanpal Singh, Anandkumar, Siddhant Rahul and Vikram Rajendra, who scored 4:10.128 to place third.
Chinese Taipei clinched the top spot with 4:05.692, edging past South Korea, who finished second with 4:05.702.
More to follow...
- IND vs ENG, World Cup 2023: India beats England by 100 runs, inches closer to semifinal spot
- Pan American Games 2023: Wrong distance takes women’s race walk athletes to mistaken world record
- India vs England HIGHLIGHTS, World Cup 2023: Bowlers shine as India beats England by 100 runs
- Indian sports news wrap, October 29
- ODI World Cup 2023 top wicket-takers after IND vs ENG: Zampa leads, Bumrah second with 14 wickets