Bengal seamer Akash Deep was added to India’s men’s cricket squad for the upcoming Asian Games to be held in Hangzhou, China.
The BCCI on Saturday announced Akash’s inclusion at the expense of Shivam Mavi, who has been ruled out of the tournament. “Mavi is suffering from a back injury and is ruled out of the tournament. The men’s cricket competition will take place from 28th September to 8th October in a T20 format.,” the BCCI stated.
Meanwhile, the Women’s Selection Committee also named Pooja Vastrakar, who was earlier a part of the standbys, as replacement for Anjali Sarvani in the women’s squad.
The left-arm pacer Sarvani suffered a knee injury and has been ruled out of the event. The women’s cricket competition will take place from September 19 to 28 in the T20 format.
INDIA SQUAD (SENIOR MEN)
INDIA SQUAD (SENIOR WOMEN)
- NZ vs PAK Live Score, World Cup 2023: Rain threat in Bengaluru as Kiwis face Pakistan; Toss at 10:00 AM IST
- WTA Finals 2023: Top seed Sabalenka knocks Rybakina out; Swiatek defeats Jabeur
- Hardik Pandya ruled out of World Cup 2023, Prasidh Krishna named replacement in India squad
- How can Pakistan qualify for the semifinal of ICC World Cup 2023?
- Olympic bronze medallist Levy fails doping test