India will begin its campaign in weightlifting at the Hangzhou Asian Games on September 30.
India has a two-member squad for sport, which will be headlined by Tokyo Olympics silver medallist Mirabai Chanu, who will be competing in the women’s 49 kg category.
India has won 14 weightlifting medals in the Asian Games - five silvers and nine bronze medals. Its last medal in the event came in 1998 when Karnam Malleshwari won a silver in women’s middleweight.
In Hangzhou, the weightlifting events will be held in Xiaoshan Sports Centre Gymnasium from September 30 to October 7, with the athletes competing for 14 gold medals.
Here is the schedule for the Indian weightlifters at Hangzhou.
Asian Games 2023: Weightlifting Schedule
India Weightlifting Squad
- ISL 2023-24: Super sub Victor Rodriguez brings three points home for FC Goa against Jamshedpur FC as it goes on top of the table
- Al Nassr vs Persepolis LIVE Updates, AFC Champions League 2023-24: Cristiano Ronaldo, Mane, Brozovic starts
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC Highlights, AFC Cup: MBSG 2-5 OFC, Juggernauts beat Mariners to stay second
- Prannoy, Lakshya withdraw from Syed Modi International 2023
- Hockey Nationals 2023: Defending champions Haryana to face Punjab in the final