Shooters added yet another medal to India’s cabinet as they clinched gold in men’s 10m Air Pistol team event at the ongoing Asian Games in Hangzhou on Thursday.
Sarabjot Singh, Arjun Singh Cheema and Shiva Narwal accumulated a combined 1734 points to edge past second-placed China, which finished with 1733. Vietnam, meanwhile, finished third with 1730 points to clinch bronze.
This is India’s 24 medal overall at this edition’s Asiad and the fourth gold medal in shooting.
Anush Agarwalla won bronze in the equestrian individual dressage event with 73.030 points to give India its 25th medal in the Asian Games.
Earlier in Wushu, Roshibina Devi clinched silver in women’s 60kg Sanda category after going down 0-2 to China’s Wu Xiaowei in the final, to take India’s medal tally to 23.
China continues to lead the medal charts with a whopping 167 medals under its belt, including 90 golds, 77 more than second-placed Korea.
Here are the medal standings:
|1||People's Republic of China||90||51||26||167|
|2||Republic of Korea||24||23||39||86|
|7||Hong Kong, China||5||12||15||32|
|9||Islamic Republic of Iran||3||9||10||22|
|10||Democratic People's Republic of Korea||3||5||4||12|
- Full list of highest T20I totals successfully chased against India: Australia sets new record in Guwahati
- IND vs AUS: Deepak Chahar added to India’s squad for T20I series against Australia
- PCB waives off 50 per cent match fee fine imposed on Azam Khan for displaying Palestine flag
- IND vs AUS: Maxwell concedes 30 runs off last over as India scores mammoth 222 against Australia in 3rd T20I
- Ruturaj Gaikwad smashes maiden international century; becomes first Indian to score T20I hundred against Australia