India’s Nikhat Zareen lost in the semifinal of the women’s 50kg final against Thailand’s Raksat Chuthamat at the Asian Games on Sunday and settled for a bronze medal.
Nikhat made the first inroads and took the first round by points, although by a split 3-2 decision.
The Thai boxer pulled back in the second round with judges again giving a split verdict which reduced her gap to the world champion.
Nikhat started the third and final round with a flurry of punches on her opponent. But Rakshat held her defence and advanced to the final via a split verdict.
MORE TO FOLLOW
- Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka Dream11 Prediction, ICC World Cup 2023: BAN vs SL playing XI, fantasy team, squads
- Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka, LIVE Streaming Info, World Cup 2023: When and where to watch IND vs SA match today?
- BAN vs SL head-to-head record in ODIs: Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka overall stats ahead of ICC World Cup 2023 match
- Syed Mushtaq Ali 2023, Punjab vs Baroda: Live Streaming info, Match timings, Squads - all you need to know
- IND vs SA, World Cup 2023: Coach Rob Walter believes South Africa can turn the tables on India in knockouts