India’s bronze medal in the 4x400m mixed relay event at the Asian Games in Hangzhou, China, on Monday was later upgraded to silver after Sri Lanka’s disqualification for lane infrigement.
The quartet of Muhammed Ajmal, R. Vithya Ramraj, Rajesh Ramesh and Subha Venkatesan had clocked 3:14.34s, while Sri Lanka had taken silver with 3:14.25s. Bahrain won gold with 3:14.02s.
However, Sri Lanka was later disqualified for violation of rule TR 17.3.1 which refers to lane infringement. Kazakhstan, who finished fourth with 3:24.85s, took the bronze.
India has won 60 medals at the ongoing Asian Games - 13 gold, 24 silver and 23 bronze.
More to follow...
- Al Shabab vs Al Nassr highlights, SHB 2-3 NAS, Saudi Pro League: Talisca brace, Ronaldo strike guide Nassr to win and keep title race alive
- Saudi Pro League: Ronaldo scores milestone goal as Al Nassr edges Al Shabab to keep title race alive
- WPL 2024: Gujarat Giants stumbles to five-wicket loss against Mumbai Indians in low-scoring encounter
- Serie A 2023-24: Late Rugani goal gives Juventus 3-2 win over Frosinone
- Carabao Cup final, CHE vs LIV: Van Dijk nets extra-time winner as Liverpool beats Chelsea