Indian women’s hockey team defeated Japan 2-1 to win bronze medal at the Asian Games in Hangzhou, China, on Saturday.
In a rematch of the 2018 final, Deepika gave India lead as she successfully converted a penalty stroke in the fifth minute. However, skipper Yuri Nagai found the equaliser for Japan in the 30th minute.
Sushila Chanu Pukhrambam scored the winning goal from a Penalty Corner for Savita Punia-led side in the 50th minute to maintain the team’s record of finishing with a medal at every Asian Games.
India has won 104 medals - 28 gold, 35 silver and 41 bronze - at the ongoing edition of the continental event.
- Al Nassr vs Al Hazem Highlights Saudi Pro League: NAS 4-4 HAZ; Talisca scores hattrick, Ricardo scores stoppage time equalizer
- WPL 2024: Smriti’s heroics in vain as Kapp, Jonassen help Delhi beat Bangalore by 25 runs
- German Open: Jolly-Gayatri advance to quarterfinals
- RCB-W vs DC-W Highlights WPL 2024: Delhi Capitals beats Royal Challengers by 25 runs
- Indian sports wrap, February 29