Indian trio of Manu Bhaker, Esha Singh and Rhythm Sangwan won gold medal in the women’s 25m pistol team event at the Asian Games in Hangzhou, China, on Wednesday.
India had a total score of 1759, three more than China who won silver. Republic of Korea clinched bronze with 1742.
Manu shot 590 to top the qualification round. Esha finished fifth with 586. Rhythm finished seventh with 583 but since only two shooters per country can compete in the final, she missed out.
India has won 16 medals at the ongoing Asiad - four gold, five silver and seven bronze.
- Saurav Ghosal rallying on for final flourish as squash makes the cut for LA 2028
- FIFA president Infantino decries violence at Argentina v Brazil World Cup qualifier
- Paris 2024 Olympics to sell 400,000 tickets next week after 7.2 million being already sold
- Mexico, Jamaica come from behind late to qualify for 2024 Copa America
- Red-hot Djokovic hoping for ‘final push’ for Serbia in Davis Cup