The Athletics Federation of India (AFI) on Saturday announced a 26-member Indian contingent to participate in the 10th Asian Indoor Athletics Championships, taking place in Astana, Kazakhstan from February 10-12.
The team will comprise 13 male and as many female athletes, including Tokyo 2020 Olympian Tajinderpal Singh Toor and women’s national record holder in 100m hurdles, Jyothi Yarraji.
“The selection of these athletes was based on their performances at the 36th National Games and National Open Athletics Championships 2022, and we have high hopes for their success at the event,” AFI president Adille Sumariwalla said.
In the last edition of the event, India finished with six medals, including four silver and two bronze.
- Deodhar Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 1: South wins Toss, to bat v North; East needs 208 to win; Panchal, Harvik open West chase
- Wrestling trials for Asian Games: Upsets galore show past has little influence on the present
- Srihari fails to qualify for 100m backstroke semifinals at World Championships
- FIFA Women’s World Cup: Philippines vowes to ‘crash the party’ against New Zealand
- Asian Games 2023, Indian women’s softball team: Full players list announced